A large part of what we do here at The Turtle Hospital is education. Because of this, we try hard to educate as many people as we can. To do this we do outreach events throughout the Keys at the local schools, state parks and festivals. Outreach events must by located in the Florida Keys. Our programs can range from presentation to more interactive. When scheduling an outreach, we will try to fit our program to your needs to make it a fun and educational experience! If you would like us to come to your school or event, please contact one of our outreach coordinators by calling 305-743-2552.
We now have the ability to Skype with classrooms around the world! Timing is flexible, ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour.We can talk about a variety of turtle topics, including:
- Basic sea turtle information- species, size, diet, etc.
- Hospital information- a little more advanced, more in depth about the rehab and different techniques
- Environmental- more about the conservation aspect and what students can do to help
- Nesting- about nesting and showing the different life stages from hatchling to adult (depends on time of year & whether we have a hatchling)
- Rehab- view some different rehab techniques, like x-rays, therapy, medications
- Surgery- watch surgery in progress
- Interview- straight question and answer with an educator or a rehabber
- Other- if you have something specific, let us know and we will be glad to work with you
If you would like to set up an opportunity to Skype, please contact one of our outreach coordinators by calling 305-743-2552 or email email@example.com.