A large goal of The Turtle Hospital is to educate as many people as we can. In order to achieve this, we participate in local outreaches at schools, state parks, and festivals. If you would like us to come to your school or event, please contact one of our outreach coordinators at: firstname.lastname@example.org. These events must be located in the Florida Keys and can range from educational to interactive.
Technology has now allowed us to expand our educational message worldwide! We would be happy to Zoom or Google Meet with your class. We have developed a program that includes a walk-through of our rehabilitation area and a chance to get an up-close view to meet some of our patients. We can cover a few different topics:
- Basic sea turtle information – species, size, diet, etc.
- Hospital information – a little more advanced, in-depth about the rehab and different techniques
- Environmental – more information about the conservation aspect and what students can do to help
- Nesting – information about nesting and showing the different life stages from hatchling to adult ( depends on the season and whether we have hatchlings at the facility)
- Interviews – straight question and answer session with a lead educator
These sessions typically run about 30-45 minutes, but timing may vary depending on availability. If you are interested in scheduling a virtual session for your classroom, please send an inquiry to one of our education coordinators at: email@example.com. We will reach back out to you to discuss a date and time that works best for both of us.
These sessions come at no charge, but we do have limited availability.